Rumors of an Xbox 720 Touch Screen Controller

In a recent Xbox World Magazine article, unnamed sources revealed Microsoft’s experimentation with incorporating a touch screen into the new Xbox controller.  “Microsoft [is] experimenting with a tablet-like controller with a shape closer to Sony’s sleek Vita handheld [or] Apple’s iPad than Wii U’s bulky unit – it’s an HD screen surrounded by the traditional 360 buttons and sticks.”  Images thus far of the rumored controller include a touch screen in the center with 360 buttons on either side and the 360 controller with a touch screen below its base.
What would this touch screen be used for?  Hopefully not some awkward method of gameplay that would incorporate touch screen and button use simultaneously.  The magazine article fortunately quashes that theory, stating, “It could be a remote control when you’re watching TV, a browser when you’re on the Internet, extra buttons and information when playing a game, or a portable display when you want to take your game with you.”  While I am a fan of taking a console-based game with you when you’re on the go, the other functionalities sound like they could unnecessarily jack up the price of already pricey gaming controllers.  This is actually a big reason why Microsoft says the touch screen feature may not be integrated into the final design:
Microsoft has three major concerns about it at the moment: it is big, it is pretty heavy, and it will be expensive to produce.  This is not to mention the fact that the level of usefulness also has been questioned.  This isn’t to say the touchscreen would not be useful, but the real question is whether the usefulness of the device is in the right direction.
One possibility for dealing with the bulky, heavy, expensive design of a controller like this is to use a tablet as an option (rather than a necessity).  Another rumor regarding the 720 controller is that Microsoft is reaching out to game developers to determine what the final design should look like.
Xbox 720 Rumors of an Xbox 720 Touch Screen Controller
When will we see this bad boy in stores?
බලු කුක්කා නම් කියන්නේ: The evolution of game controllers is one of the most intriguing and crucial components of gaming.  As motion-based and sensor-based controllers evolve, we are eager to discover how your basic gaming controller follows suit.  What new developments will the PS4 and Xbox 720 bring to your average controller?  Hopefully we’ll find out for sure at the next E3 this June.  Although Sony said it will not reveal the PS4 at this year’s E3, it is rumored Microsoft may reveal the Xbox 720.
Share on Google Plus

About Yomal Malinda

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

9 comments:

  1. Хbox360: Critterѕ Үou Could Poѕѕibly Chow down on
    Ρrioг to They're Designed And also When They Are Inactive lol=)
    Also visit my blog Microsoft Xbox360

    ReplyDelete
  2. Іt's very trouble-free to find out any matter on net as compared to books, as I found this post at this web site.
    Feel free to surf my web blog :: www.consoletoolkit.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generally I don't read article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, very great post.
    My website ; playing online

    ReplyDelete
  4. Xboх1 shаll be a tough boy rofl

    Αlso visit my sitе: Xk3ychip.Se

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its like you learn my thoughts! You appear to grasp so much
    approximately this, such as you wrote the e-book in it or something.
    I think that you simply can do with a few p.c. to pressure the
    message home a little bit, but instead of that, that is great
    blog. A great read. I will certainly be back.

    my web-site tumblr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, just wanted to mention, I liked this post. It was funny.
    Keep on posting!

    my web page tumblr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using? I'm planning to start my own
    blog soon but I'm having a difficult time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique.
    P.S Sorry for being off-topic but I had to ask!

    my webpage ... site web

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I simply wish to give you a huge thumbs up for your excellent information you have right here on this post.
    I will be returning to your site for more soon.

    Feel free to surf to my site book of raw kostenlos spielen (biodiv.tw)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great points altogether, you simply gained a emblem new reader.
    What might you suggest about your submit that you simply made a few days ago?

    Any positive?

    Have a look at my website: books of ra online spielen ()

    ReplyDelete

We value your comments... Whether it is Good or Bad they are the only thing which we can get from you guys...! :) :) Please be kind enough to stop by and comment something about this post....!

Powered by Blogger.